We have used acupuncture to treat a variety of neurological and medical disorders, help maintain overall well–being, and play an important role in preventive care, beyond its more familiar use for pain control and tension release. A number of standard protocols have been established at our clinic to treat some common conditions, including:
- Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neuropathy and other nerve injuries like radiculopathy, brachial plexopathy, etc.
- Headaches, including migraines and tension headaches
- Traumatic brain injuries from car accidents and other sources
- Bell’s Palsy/facial paralysis
- Viral labyrinthitis/vertigo/dizziness
- Neck and lower back pain
- Spinal cord injuries
- Arthritis and musculoskeletal pain
- Bowel and bladder dysfunction, such as irritable bowel syndrome and benign prostatic hypertrophy
- Memory loss and dementia
- Smoking cessation
- Preventive health maintenance
Based on our clinical experience, acupuncture is helpful for treating deficits in motor and sensory functions which may result from various neurological disorders. Although its application to recovery of cognitive function remains a challenge, we have seen progress with a number of conditions, such as dementia, traumatic brain injury, etc. Overall, many positive results have been achieved at our clinic through usage of acupuncture, and there are situations where improvements have exceeded the most optimistic expectations. To learn more, please talk to our providers.